Let's Start with These Easy appetizers...
Easy appetizers are great to set the ball rolling for a fun picnic!
They go so well with libations from the wine picnic basket while you set up
Appetizers can still be really tasty, even if you find you are pushed for time. Just head for the pantry and fridge… or the supermarket and gourmet deli. Picnics are pretty casual meals... start with an easy nibble!
If you would rather make your own delicious and tasty appetizers please look at these suggestions for easy appetizer recipes.
Just look at these...
Really simple appetizers with minimal preparation and no cooking.
They look and taste great... and all you have to do is pop them on the platter.
Open and Fill the Bowls for no stress easy appetizers...
- Chips or pretzels and crackers… take your favorite flavors.
- Cheese straws.
- Nuts… peanuts, cashews, mixed nuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans... be mindful of people with allergies and small children choking on nuts.
- Mix the nuts with sultanas and dried blueberries, cranberries and apricots.
- Sunflower seeds, pine nuts, almonds can be roasted, or tossed in a frying pan, for a minute or two... with garlic... or chilies... or spices, for added flavor (well, just a little cooking!)
Artisan olives… so many different flavors now... great easy appetizers.
- Matured or soft centered cheese to go with all the above.
- Fresh pear and cheese.... simple and really delightful with a libation. Try goats cheese, or blue vein, or a tasty matured cheese.
From the gourmet deli… easy appetizers, so easy!
Pots of pate.
- Rocket, spinach, or basil pesto.
- Really tasty cheeses... add an apple or pear, yum!
- Prepared dips.
- And don’t forget the dried biscuits, pita bread or similar, to go with these easy appetizers.
Wonderful bowls of avocado dip and hummus
But if you can...
Click here to find easy appetizer recipes.
With a little more effort, but still easy to make... you will find these bowls and many more.
Really easy appetizers to pop on your platter.
Let's Put Together a Few Impressive Tasty Platters…
This Platter... with lots of Barossa touches... and a glass of red... Oh so good!
Try one of these different platters of easy appetizers...
A Barossa Valley platter (our favorite wine region in South Australia)
Gather a selection of appetizers...
- Dill cucumbers
- pickled onions
- artisan olives
- tasty cheeses
- dried biscuits
- interesting small breads
Vegetables with pesto...
- sun dried semi dried tomatoes
- little/baby carrots
- young fresh asparagus
Cut into long "fingers" and accompany with a bowl of basil pesto or hummus for dipping.
How about a seafood platter with pickled…
- and your local seafood delicacy too.
You will need small biscuits to go with these... or croutons.
Slithers of fresh lemon, or a lemon to squeeze, adds a tang too. Just add the lemon on the the platter with the seafood.
Try pancetta, or thin slices of ham, a dob of cream cheese, then add one of these...
- dried or fresh apricots
- slices of fresh fruit
- dill cucumbers
Make your own combinations on thin rounds of a French stick, or dried biscuits.
Wrap pancetta, or thinly sliced ham, around any of these fruits... Hold together with little wooden toothpick.
- dried apricots
- dried apple
- dried peaches
- fresh rock melon... green, or orange melon
- a big grape or two
Now you have a selection to choose from.
They are really simple, but yummy, easy appetizers... They look good too!
Fresh pear... great with cheese
Now we have touched on the really, really simple ideas...
So just try easy appetizers recipes which, need just a little effort.
They will set off the picnic food and mix well in the platters from this page.
Back to Top
Leap Home... Fill the baskets!